Klein & Becker was founded in 1934 as a joint venture of the two family owned manufactories of Wilhelm Klein and August Becker. Main business areas were diamond cutting and international diamond trade.
In 1964 G.A. Becker took over the management and the machining of synthetic crystals gained importance.
In the 1990s the main business domain changed over from the production of synthetic gemstones to the fabrication of precision components made of crystals and ceramics for technical applications.